RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 06:06:33 -0700
7bit
From:
"Roberta J. Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Rex,

It's not just the living and cure that counts sometimes, it's the
quality of life.

Rex Harrill wrote:

> Actually, I have no problem whatsover with ancecdotal stories of cancer
> survivors---no matter what pulled them back from the brink.  However, I
> do shudder as I think back to the horrid abuse some of my friends
> (living and dead) endured.  I think I'm a good bit older than  you, so
> have probably seen more of the stumbling human hulks that so commonly
> remain, however briefly, after the radical surgery, intense radiation,
> and ultimate puke-inducing poisoning.   It just doesn't make sense to me
> to harm folks in the name  of cure.

Most of the cancer patients I have known who were dying and families of
those patients have said things to me like if they had known in advance
how the treatment would have destroyed what quality of life they had,
and what well-being they still enjoyed, they would have NEVER gone
through with chemo or radiation treatments.  That's because the toxic
effects of the drugs or the burns from the radiation ruin something
else, usually unanticipated.  Meaning that they were going to die
anyway, and they would have preferred to live out their last
days/months/weeks in relative comfort, and without the ordeals of the
treatments.  Surgery, on the other hand, is exhausting but often
survived relatively well by people I have known.  The benefits of
natural and raw foods, while too late to produce a "cure" often makes
people FEEL betteer, which is worth a great deal to someone who is
constantly uncomfortable and terminally ill.

regards,

roberta