RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:45:34 -0700
7bit
From:
"Roberta J. Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Taylor,

ok, well, here's my opinion....Unfortunately for you, my training and
background is a little non-standard, so I doubt you'll find someone near
you who can help. Of course I hope you do.

Taylor Langtree wrote:

> Roberta,
>
> Oh - that is so wonderful to hear. Can you tell me which herbs to use,
> and how I should go about finding an acupuncturist who might know how to
> treat my boyfriend? We live in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. I really
> appreciate this.

First, try the www.acupuncture.com site to locate a local TCM
practitioner and then call each acupuncturist nearby and ask if s/he has
had good success treating this problem.  If they claim to have, talk to
their patients that have been successfully treated.  Do not go to anyone
who has not complete at least a 4 year degree/training course.  If your
state has regulations make sure the acupuncturist is board certified -
here in california i and others in my profession pass a state board just
like a dentist or doctor.  But not all states have this type of
licensure procedure yet and it is still illegal in some places.  Do not
go to an MD who has taken a few weekend workshops in acpuncture for
treatment of this disease.

Responsive to another post I use colloidal silver in treatments too.
However, I have found it to be ineffective against viral, fungal or
yeast infections.  It is, however, a great non-mold based antibiotic,
very useful for bacterial infections.

Herbs I make for patients are all highly individualized, based on the
body of each patient.  While herpes is one diagnosis in western medicine
in TCM it may be due to more than one root cause and the herbs used are
not the same from one individual to the next.

Do remember that this disease is a viral infection.  Your goal therefore
is to boost immune system functions.  A wide variety of raw and fresh
foods is useful,  IMO, and will help.  Include fish, vegetables, sea
vegetables, plenty of raw nuts/seeds, carrot juice, and fresh fruit.
Also
Twinlabs puts out a supplement called "Immune Protectors" that may be
helpful.

Good luck.  If you aren't able to make headway with finding local
treatment, email me in private and we'll pursue it further.  Western
medicine cannot treat this problem because the approach is one of
disease, not wellness.  TCM can treat this problem because the basic
idea is that the energetic functions can overcome a pathogen.

regards,

Roberta