RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Paul W. Reynolds" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:44:34 -0400
Hi Liza,

>I'm just mentioning this because its sometimes tempting to jump to
premature or overly simplistic or just simply incorrect conclusions
about particular foods, when in reality the problem is much more
complex.<

Yes, I agree with that. I think though I was able, in the mode my body was
in, to pinpoint some of the immediate effects of some foods. This is in
addition to the question of whether the effect is 'detox' or 'aggravation'
or 'allergy', but I think most of the effects I've noted were of a
positive, cleansing nature.

Yet it seems what I did  - and am continuing to do as much as I can - is
awfully simple and basic at another level - providing wholesome natural
cleansing foods to the body, adding exercise, deep breathing and other
natural health techniques, while applying a bit of temporary help from
colon cleansers. I feel the result of moving old, toxic, mucousy material
out of the body that is the residual of unbalanced refined and cooked meals
eaten long ago, has to be beneficial, but I am just a bit leery of
overusing the colon cleansers. As long as I can clean out while getting
enough of the basic nutritional factors to prevent imbalance (I'm now
eating two raw eggs daily for protein), although I should experience ups
and downs related to detox reactions, I'll should also continue to enjoy
health improvements at a fundamental level. What I notice so far more than
anything is a feeling of flexibility through my body I definitely did not
have 2 weeks ago.

This morning I eliminated more toxic material from the colon. And looking
at me you would never think it, as I'm quite thin and don't really have
much of a bloated abdominal area - but definitely a little especially
compared to 10 - 15 years ago. Its hard for me to conceive what the person
many pounds overweight might be carrying around!

BTW, if they sell The Country Hen eggs ( www.countryhen.com ) in you area,
I highly recommend them - the eggs are laid by hens that live on a special
feed which results in a high Omega-3 content, and they have been tested
salmonella-free for several years (since the farm began testing). Most
impressive to me is the total lack of egginess! I find that they digest
perfectly in a banana-berry smoothie. I suspect that many people who are
allergic to most eggs could eat these without a problem.

>the biology of complex
organisms (such as ourselves) is for the most part infinitely complex,
where the tiniest and most apparently insignificant of factors can
affect a vast array of intertwined events to an extent that we can only
begin to conceive of.<

Do we really have to worry about every single nit-picking detail though?
The native peoples studied by Dr. Weston Price had none of this biological
scientific knowledge, but by living in a natural balanced way and eating
basic, nutritious food including food derived from animal sources, these
people thrived and enjoyed great physical robustness and almost total lack
of degenerative disease, with the degree of their health of particular
groups dependent directly on both the total lack of refined foods and
inclusion of animal-source proteins and fats from animals that lived in
their natural environment.

Of course in our skewed world today, many details are important - the
natives had no worries about automobile exhaust, crop hybridization and
pesticides, computer radiation or hazardous materials implanted into teeth.

Take Care, Paul