RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 1998 16:03:01 +0000
From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Liza and Rex,

I see that there's several things to clarify.

I wrote:
>>One should have a stable Body Temperature all the Day. But Things are
>still improving.
and Liza wondered:
>Stefan, why do you think that it is healthy to have a stable body
>temperature? I have understood that the body has definate circadian
>(controlled by hormone balances) rythms with regards to temperature as
>well as other factors.  For instance, that the body temperature is
>lower (sometimes by as much as three or even four degrees) during the
>late afternoon and early evening, and then again in the ~three hours
>before dawn. Have you heard otherwise?

You are right and I poorly expressed my issue. <blush>
I wanted to say, that healthy people shouldn't feel too cold or too
warm. They would just feel comfortable, although their body temperature
might undergo considerable variations.

Liza:
>would make your hair curl, which would cause even the most hard-core
>pollyanna (which I am) to wonder whether when people commit their

Can you explain what a pollyanna is? Tell me privately not to bother the
list.

Rex,
thank you for your detailed answer about measuring the Brix.

You wrote:
>I assume you are having some fun, but I didn't notice a smiley as I did
>for some other parts of your post.  So, with the thought that you may
>actually be posing questions, I'll try to help a little.

I was indeed just making a funny story but I see that not knowing what
NFL is, you took it for serious. Excuse me!
Also I have seen in my laboratory catalogue for refractometers that they
can be used for measuring human liquids for diagnosing. That's why I
wrote in my fun post, that one must squeeze humans and cannot use their
liquids. :-)

BTW: NFL stands for "Nature's first law" and is the acronym of a group
of three puberting boys who are very fanatic fruitarians and were fired
from this list for unbearable behavior. Also they wrote a book which
they nearly entirely copied from an old book about raw eating. But with-
out giving the original author credits. Very poor group.

Best regards,

Stefan
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]