RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 11:31:37 -0400
From:
Robert Wynman <[log in to unmask]>
In a message dated 97-08-02 03:30:03 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Okay, I gotta ask: what's the deal with the  7 gauss negative magnetic
 field?

ITYNA!

An experiment since learning of biomagnetics early this year.  Here be my
note to our NH M2M folks a few months ago:

Magnetic energy--A caring client brought me info on a sleek hand-held TENS
unit that has dual circuits, one for applying Transcutaneous Electrical
Neural Stimulation (TENS) at varying intensities to a 1.5 mm diameter tip
placed on a likely acupuncture point AND a second circuit that LOCATES those
elusive points instantly & objectively ... electronically.  Same principle we
used in the early 80's to locate auricular points on the earlobe for
administering electro-acupuncture for relieving dental pain without injecting
local anesthesia during our procedures.  The catalog in which this gadget was
described also described ways to use magnetic energy to supply the body's
energy needs.  Seems we're probly depleted in this area due to electrical &
magnetic pollution of our environment, life isolated from the earth by shoes,
buildings (especially metal-frame ones), cars, etc. AND the magnetic field of
the earth has been decreasing by about 5% per century for 500 years or so
(I'm told the earth's magnetic field is cyclical & periodically drops to
zero, then reverses, so that in the next cycle, the earth's south & north
poles is the opposite polarity that it was in the previous cycle AND during
the period of ZERO magnetic field (that we're apparently easing toward now)
life forms degenerate & some die off.  QUESTION 4 Y'ALL:  I've never heard of
this.  Do you know if it's been verified?
        At any rate, folks in Japan have been enhancing their bodies' effectiveness
in all areas by increasing the availability of magnetic energy.  In the US,
our benevolent government, as part of its devotion to free speech, does not
permit medical claims to be attributed to magnets; in Japan & Europe,
documented "cures" for insomnia, chronic headaches, neuralgia, arthritis,
damaged joints, neck & back pains, skin allergies, bronchial asthma, travel
sickness, etc. are freely quoted.  Since we know "therapies" do not cure
anything, only the mind/body does, perhaps exposure to the earth's magnetic
field is one of the prerequisites our body/mind needs to create Optimum
Health & should be added to our NH list of sleep, clean air, real food,
activity, etc. & perhaps sleeping on magnetic pads & wearing magnets is
necessary for health, given our isolation from our earth & mama earth's
decreasing magnetic field -- kindova stretch, eh?
        I'm fascinated by this concept, having been searching for ways to enhance my
ability to rebuild "nerve energy" thru more effective sleep time, so I began
walking on magnetic sole inserts purchased 1/26 & my friend loaned me a very
expensive 2" thick pad embedded with the high-tech Jap magnets & a pillow.
 After two weeks sleeping on the borrowed sleep system.  While I haven't
noticed any terrific difference, Lou's able to sleep soundly every night for
the first time in over two decades!!  She'd always tossed & turned, up at 2
AM, unable to return to sleep 'til 6 AM, etc.  So Lou & I ordered our own
magnetic sleep system.  AND, about 2/15, our friend loaned her pad/pillow
system to Lou's 40 year-old son, Erik, who's been battling "Chronic Fatigue
Syndrome" since '89 & who'd recently slipped into deep depression as a result
of a flare-up of diverse symptoms & was requesting we help him draw up a
will.  His full energy & excellent spirits returned after two nights on the
magnetic pad & after 2 weeks, he returned it to our friend.  Within a few
days his symptoms returned & we bought an extra magnetic pad.  After two more
nights sleeping on the magic pad, he's back to his hi-energy norm.  I've
known Erik for 30 years; he's the most objective, analytical, logical,
methodical hard-to-convince stubborn & skeptical thinker I know (& also our
perfectionist lab technician since '88).  He tried HARD to believe that his
experiences with his health were pure coincidence & unrelated to sleeping on
magnets & I'm sure he'll continue to 'speriment sleeping on & off the
magnetic field & I'll report his conclusions.  As of NOW, I'm impressed &
Erik & Lou & I think that the magnetic field supplied by the jap sleep system
provides whatever HIS body needs in order to sleep effectively.  I'd
concluded years ago that Dr. Cridland's right on the idea that, SLEEP is the
most important of all the NH concepts (& my weakest link).      HOW 'BOUT A POLL
NEXT ISH?!?:  How many of y'all have any problems obtaining the quality or
quantity of sleep you feel you need for Optimum Health?
        So Lou & I are continuing to sleep on the magnetic pad, having installed one
on the outside water bed.  & Lou wants to buy an ultra-expensive full
thickness mattress with the magnetic feature built in 'cause it has far
better body support than the pad sitting on top of our
already-nearly-new-very-expensive mattress ... & we'll probly buy that item
(well worth the $ if it helps supply our body needs -- & we can use the pair
of pads we're currently sleeping on in our "inside" bed to loan to help
friends).  & now Lou sez she's noticed that her intake of aspirin -- which
she's eaten regularly for years for nagging headaches (of course she sees no
connection between her semi-SAD & her symptoms) -- has dropped to near zero
due to lack of headaches.  Another coincidence!?!  We attended a seminar on
this far-infra-red & magnetic stuff & after the seminar, several of the folks
in the audience reported similar consistent "coincidences of THEIR symptoms
of life-long debilitating conditions improving or disappearing completely
using these items AND that their dogs & cats lost THEIR debilitating symptoms
after sleeping on these things & horses, too, after wearing special magnetic
blankets (hard to believe THOSE could result from the placebo effect!)  VERY
exciting stuff.  I'm gonna ask our bookkeeper, who has kept, worked with &
transported horses for years to research these claims for me.  At this point,
I think that folks raised from birth on NH & with the last three generations
of ancestors also raised NH in pristine non-polluted environments would do
fine WITHOUT supplementing their magnetic fields this way.  However many of
us aren't in that position.  Will continue to report!  Any of y'all
experienced in this area?