Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:04:33 EDT
I have some questions that will help put the list back on track...

There's a lot of propaganda about meat and uric acid being overwhelming to the
kidneys, about the kidneys dumping the uric acid in the muscles, resulting in
rheumatism.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm eating fish, and buffalo, and raw
eggs, so, I'm not here to preach against meat.  I'm just wondering what
information contradicts this?

I'm wondering if people have had success in healing their kidneys or
rheumatism on paleo diets - which would negate these other studies.  I'm
wondering what the real deal is.  I think it would be helpful to take the anti
meat studies, or points, one by one, and show how the paleolithic diet proves
(as much as anything can be proven) that they are false, or based on false
assumptions (i.e. linking heart disease to meat, but failing to mention that
modern meat has 10X as much saturated fat as wild, lean meat, and much less
Omega 3's, etc.).  That way, there could be a movement to make available wild,
lean meats, and to help figure out what the ideal percentage of meat or animal
products are (varies person to person), but if the Aborigines get 5% of their
diet, and the Eskimoes 95%, and neither have problems, one could save money
and grow lots of their own veggies, and buy a little wild, lean meat, and some
raw eggs or go fishing, and do quite nicely.  Remember, Paleo didn't have the
grocery store for a steady supply of cow.

Everyone seems to use statistics, and studies, to back up their own points,
and I think hearing the real stories of success, like Vonderplanitz book, are
what's helpful.  Facts and figures can't be believed in, and mostly are just
confusing, whereas, if someone says, I had heart disease and kidney disease
and cured it on a paleo diet, consisting of mostly raw meat and organs, along
with a few veggies (and a few bugs), then, something like that makes you stop
and think, and question, and consider.  That stands because it's the truth.
Scientific studies or figures aren't necessarily representing truth, just a
limited perception and possibly false assumption of some reality.

Information is great, but experience is LIFE.  What is the reality?

thanks,
Aaron