Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 20:14:52 -0400
Kent Multer wrote

> If you really have something to say, say it.  You should be able to come up
> with a few paragraphs that give us the essence of it.  If it's too far
> off-topic, feel free to email me privately; but now that you've spoken to
> the whole group, there are probably others who are a little curious.  I
> promise not to get into a flame war :^) .

Kent,  it is probably true that I should have made my comment off the list;  I
will be brief;  the debate re:  dietary etiology of cancer is ongoing and
involves reams of articles and treatises.  My reference to ten or twenty pages to
explain why I thought you should have kept the remark about  having to laugh at
the news of the cancer death  to yourself  concerns memories of persons I have
known who have died of cancer (none of whom were vegetarians).  My concern over
your remark had nothing to do with diet issues but rather was indeed an emotional
reaction to the idea of laughing about a cancer death.  I realize that you were
making a rhetorical point but I think it could have been expressed differently.
Your invitation to thoughtful debate is what the list is about and the issue of
dietary causation of cancer is a debate that will outlive both you and me.  rick