BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kevin Doucet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 09:47:46 -0600
Hi all,

I missed this post on ADA and accessable web sites.  I am trying to get
PEPSI to make their web page accessable and it would realy help to have
a copy of this information about ADA and web sites to send to them.  Can
any one send me a copy?

Thanks.
On Sat, 28 Mar 1998, Chris Hofstader wrote:

> Hi Doc,
>
> Thanks for the very informative email about ADA and the internet.  Do you know
> if anyone has tested this in court?
>
> It's my understanding that there are many, many web sites of the ocmercial
> variety which are not accessible.  Is there anyone organizing an effort to
> inform companies which have inaccessible sites about the law?  If not, I'll do
> it myself.  Hell, I've one a big one in the Supreme Court before, I've taken
> on huge companies in the industry (Apple, Lotus, Ashton Tate, PKP) why not do
> it for something which would make the world better for me?
>
> Thanks again,
> cdh

Kevin
the original cajun
http://www.the-link.net/~kdoucet/
Cogito ergo loon.  (I think, therefore I'm crazy)