RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 09:36:14 +0000
  On marvels and the will to believe: Gregg and all, I've seen photos
of ball lightning, UFOs piloted by Elvis, ectoplasm, garden fairies,
and dark spirits that behave like stray light.
   As to 'faking brain wave patterns,' I've demonstrated ability to
change alpha and theta at will, for whatever that's worth. There's
some reason to doubt the authenticity of multiple personality, at
least as defined.
   I've both read and researched ESP and PK, enough to know how
easily fraud, self-delusion, wishful thinking, and naivete alter data.
Since Gregg thinks I'm sleeping with Randi, maybe Ray Hyman might be
consulted...
   Maybe Uri Geller bends keys with his bare mind, though he's an old
magician.  With upper body strength I might do an impressive Rope
Trick, or Walk On Water, both of which I know how to do.
   Let's test your or anyone's ability of these sorts:
   1. Just tell me things about me that good detective work and post
analysis couldn't. Do it privately, not to clutter the list.
   2. For your PK exercise (invite your friends to help), move that
scrap of paper on my computer desk, to the desk nearby.
   3. Others interested can volunteer, so success won't look like
collusion.  About 5 regulars can report to each other, then to the
group.

   I suggest this as a way to cut empty assertions about abilities
perhaps more relevant to diet, once the ESP/PK tests are done.
Tests of alleged instinct, intuitive recognition of the dreaded
cooked morsel, etc, can be designed.  We seem to need a lot less
ideology and a lot more experiment here.

   Gregg, since you like older English (read Lovecraft?), in
anticipation of a favorable reply, I beg to remain

  yr obdt svt,

   Pet