From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 15:17:19 -0400
We just discussed this very thing last week.

Turn you motherboard upside down.  One (or two) of the mounting
holes will have a ring of solder surrounding it.  This is the hole
that must match the metal standoff in order to ground the mother
board to the case.

It is not enough to rely on the connectors from the power supply.
A ground MUST be a __direct__ path to earth.  The electrical power
cord plugged in to the wall has a direct connection to the PC's
metal case, this is sometimes called the chassis ground or
earth ground.

Jim Meagher
Micro Solutions Consulting    Member of the HTML Writers Guild & the
[log in to unmask]              International Web Masters Association