NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rita Doppenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 06:03:15 -0500
I realize that I am way to late to be of help for you now but I would
like to suggest that you get to know your pharmasist!!!! I live in a
small town in Ontario Canada and I cant tell you how many times my
pharmasist has saved me. My son is extremely anaphylactic to milk
protein (even the smell triggers him), and several times now my family
doctor, despite my numerous questions has prescribed a medicine with a
milk derived filler. Because I go to a very small drug store I do pay
more for my prescriptions but the quality of service I get cannot be
measured in dollars. My pharmasist and I are on a first name basis and
he knows Zack and every one of his 28 (so far) diagnosed allergies! If
it is possible I suggest everyone find someone like this man! Go to the
small drug stores and not the drug "supermarkets" where you can barely
find anyone, let alone someone who has your medical history memorized!
Best of luck to you
Rita