RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:15:58 -1000
[Hey aren't you instinctos supposed to be handling this kinda post? Or does
the raw goat's milk scare you away? ;)]

Liza:
>Lately, for the past 3 months or so, I can't seem to get enough of either raw
>mackerel or raw goat's-milk yogurt. (we're talking some major amounts here).
>Include honey in that equation, and it appears to be a pretty strange diet.

Strange by our cultural standards maybe, but HIGHLY nutritious attractions
you're having, no?

Some instincto lore for you to chew on (at your own risk ;))...

Fatty seafood is considered to be useful in detoxing dairy. (Fruit is
supposedly more for detoxing grains.)

Personally, I had some _really_ cheesy shits during my honey days which
correlated exactly with my pound or more consumptions of honey. And beyond
that, I've often wondered if raw dairy would be at all useful for detoxing
cooked dairy.

>don't know whether to laugh about it and continue to provide entertainment for
>my astonished family,  force myself to eat increasingly unappetizing-looking
>veggies, or just worry and obsess a lot.

I understand (but don't appreciate really) your worries about honey, but
what's wrong with mackeral and/or raw goat's milk? Nutritional powerhouses
both. Veggies are very nutrient sparse in practical terms because they are
so fiberous and not so many calories can be eaten. Further, if you are
getting away with any mixing of the fish, milk, and honey at the same meal
it is a good guess that you are really "needing" it since they are
theoretically a bad mix. Who knows?

And BTW, a feeling of repleation IS a stop and you are right not to eat any
more. Someone once said that if you are even thinking about a stop, that
that's a stop because when a food is really tasting good you are enjoying
it en todo. If the pleasure isn't high enough that you are wondering, is
this a stop, is that a stop, then you've had enough ;) I, of course, ate
any new food to a stop and then ate some more to make absolutely sure it
was a stop--you only do this once with any particular food. Except avos,
which don't stop for me unless I'm eating LOTS of animal foods.

Cheers,
Kirt

PS. Sit down with a couple stalks of celery and an empty stomach and if you
don't get a stop...well, what can I say, you're an instincto flunky then ;)