RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 19:56:19 +0100
> I've got a book "The evolution of cooperation" and it argues scienti-
> fically that beings that don't cooperate are dying out. That's why
> "inherently evil" beings shouldn't exist.
> One could claim that nature is in a loving mood. Although Tom would
> say that nature simply    i s    . ;-) :-)

Hi Stefan,

I thought a lot about that and I think that cooperation
has advantages because it reduces the 'friction' in all
kinds of businesses and relationships. So a totally
cooperative system is the most efficient.

On the other hand, imagine there were a really altruistic
society of whatever kind of live you can imagine, be it
bacteria, plants or mamals and then one of them mutates,
so that it becomes more aggressive and less cooperative.
What will happen? It will gain an advantage and it and
its descendants will grow faster and take more room then
the other beeings. This will last until the others are
either wiped out or until they develop defensive measure-
ments agains the aggressive strategy.

So in the result I am with Tom: Nature just is and good and
bad will always play a game against one another.

-Karl