RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 06:39:49 -0800
Karl,

Karl-W. Geitz wrote:

> These food properties also exist in the Ayurveda system.
> I tried Ayurveda food some months before I began with raw food.
> That system has even more clasifications, but I can't remember
> them now. And there are elaborate lists where all kinds of food
> are categorized. But they eat most things cooked, so I don't think
> that these lists are directly applicable to raw nutrition.

I know very little about that system. Do you know if the Ayurvedic
system was actually based on cooked or raw foods?  In TCM it was
inclusive of both, and cooking with certain foods would "direct" the
heat or cooling properties more to one organ than another.  For example,
cooking with salt is supposed to direct the energetic properties (heat,
cold, etc) towards the kidneys.

regards, r