RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 06:35:17 -0800
Stefan Joest wrote:

> Roberta:
> >Seed type foods (nuts, beans, seeds, grain) are supposed to be neutral
> >temperature-wise.

> Excuse me, but doesn't this contradict your above Paragraph?

Seed type foods are supposed to be neutral, but if you eat only fruit
and veggies, seed-foods are more warming than they are.  Everything is
relative.  So it is a spectrum that goes sort of like:

--veggies-fruit-seeds-grains-beans-fish-poultry-meat - -

--cold - - cool - -neutral - - warm -  - heating - - - -

And anything that is cooked moves up in warmth on the scale, so cooked
veggies are less cooling than raw veggies.  So if you eat lots of
veggies and fruit, anything else becomes warming.  Some veggies and
fruit can be warming, but collectively, they are cooler than other
foods.  But if you eat lots of meat then everything else is cooling,
relatively speaking.

regards, r