RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 00:22:02 -0800
Jean-Louis Tu wrote:
> I have no idea of the consequences of traditionally cooked food in nondiabetic
> people (and diabetes wouldn't exist if people sticked to paleolithically correct
> foods).

Thank you for the citations. I can see that the amount of possible toxins
in cooked foods eaten occasionally is not a problem for people who
otherwise eat a fairly healthy kind of diet. There are plenty of toxins
in raw foods as well. When I think about the problems with overly cooked
and processed foods, I'm focusing more on the people who eat SAD.

> P.S. The stop of apricot kernels is not easy to describe. The sensation is like
> with apple seeds, but hundreds of times stronger. I have a sensation in the
> throat-nose area, distantly related to what happens when eating mustard [not
> very clear, I am afraid].

That's very helpful.

My best, Ellie