From:
"Lance W. Kephart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 17:03:48 -0700
>I get an error reading my Cd drive.  I can
>change to the drive ("E") but can not access
>it.  When I attempt to, the following message
>comes up: "CDR101: Not ready reading drive E"
>History:  Recently lost my hard drive and have >replaced it.  Everything is coming
together
>except this.

Paul,
You haven't given much info about the software
or CD-ROM drive, so you'll likely get some
general answers.

Some of my ideas:
Are you running Windows 95? If so, have you had
it look for new hardware to see if it recognizes
the cd drive?

Have you tried updated drivers?

Is it an IDE drive? Are the cables plugged in
correctly (pin 1 to pin 1 on cable - usually
a red stripe down one side of cable) and the
drives configured (master, slave, etc.)?

Are the cables plugged in tight on both ends?

This may sound kinda obvious, but you never said
whether you were trying to look at a directory
on the cd or not, is there a cd-rom in the drive?

Best of luck!