Al Anger <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 00:44:54 -0800
In our last episode
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi all;
>
> On the Intel MMX chips with the plastic pin grid array.
> Does one just spread thermal grease on the raised center
> section and apply the heatsink?

Yes.   :~)

>   Seems like someone could come up with a heatsink that
> is molded to the top of the chip and would make better contact.

Actually, it's not a bad design. I prefer it to the ceramic version.
Use the grease sparingly for best results. The heatsink/fan should be
as close to the CPU as possible with the grease only filling in the
gaps.

I've seen boxes come in the shop with spoonfuls of the paste.  :)

Al

The Road Kill Cafe

You Kill It...We Grill It!
Eating is more fun when you know it was hit on the run!