From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 23:51:46 -0800
Once you tell windows to shut down does the computer shut down the power
supply too? How do you turn it on .......is there some kind of mechanical
or electronic switch? Can it normally turn itself back on from a full
shutdown with software or does the user have to engage some kind of power
switch.  If the answers to these questions are yes then perhaps the switch
is faulty and is randomly turning  itself back on during the night when the
AC voltage is at its highest level....peak voltage inadvertently activating
an electronic switch.

Can you manually override the soft shutdown in the Bios..and go back to a
manual shut down.......you could also shut off the power with a switch on
surge suppressor which is how I shut down my PC,  monitor and peripherals
at one shot.....unless of course there is some reason the PC has to be able
to turn itself on.
Just a thought.
Mark