From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 10:40:34 -0800
On 17 Feb 98 at 23:41, Kelly Rogers wrote:

> I was wondering do you recommend doing burnin test on new PCs that I build,

  Definitely.

  Hardware problems typically follow the "bathtub curve" --
relatively high (but declining) for up to 72 hours, low for several
years, and often climbing a bit after the warranty has run out.

  This means that the machines you get returned from customers are
likely to be those that failed within their first week of use.  If
you burn in those machines for 24 or 48 or 72 hours first, you can
reduce the number of returns (and customer bad will...) because the
machines that will fail will do so before a customer ever sees them.

David G