From:
Michael Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 23:29:11 +0800
On Thu, 19 Feb 1998 15:40:32 -0500, William Rysanek
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am building an "antique" system from spare parts.
>Hot 433 MB, Intel DX2-33, 32 Megs 70ns Ram, 1 gig WD HD,
>No name VGA video card, WD8003E NIC.
>Anyway, I have been getting strange and intermittent errors, everything
>from lockups, gpf's, blue screen of death, and stack overflows, although
>never the same error twice or consistently.
>I have  tried WIN  3.1 and WIN 95b and they seem to run fine for a short
>while in both cases. Was wondering if it could be related to
>the voltage setting.  Any thoughts?  What voltage should be set?

The most probably reasons are:
1. Bad memory chip(defected or remarked).
2. Remarked CPU.
3. Dying HD.

BTW, in your case, there might be some other potential instability
reasons, like:
1. Incorrect BIOS settings.
2. Incorrect jumper settings.
3. Defected display card(including the display memory).

 Michael