From:
Jim Baber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 10:58:04 -0800
Al Anger wrote:

> In our last episode
> Guido <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >I did an xcopy to a new drive, which was abosultely fine prior to the xcopy,
> >but it now has a slew of bad clusters, which the old drive had too.... is it
> >possible, or is this a fluke?
>
> I think it has to be a coincidence. The bad clusters would not copy over
> to the other drive.  :)
>
> If the other drive is new, return it. if not, think about getting a new
> one.
>
> HTH
> Al
I have to disagree with Al,  I think you should consider that you may
have a controller problem.  If your controller is built into the mother
board (the wide cable plugs into the mother board) you will need to
disable it.  You can get IDE controller cards for less than $30, a lot
cheaper than a hard disk. Buy 1 and either install it yourself, or have
a shop put it in.  Labor for this shouldn't exceed $50
Yours Jim Baber

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]