From:
"K. Hillyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 05:38:50 -0600
The only time I have ever gotten constant beeps, the RAM were not
properly seated in the slots.  I have only used SIMM, but I am sure the
same can be applied if you are using DIMM.
Make sure, before you "lock" the chips in place, that you have them
pushed completely down and in  on both sides of the slots, both slots (if
applicable).
I had never come across this problem before this year, so I guess I was
lucky!  I just recovered from this problem, and all of my chips, and
boards are good.  I was just having a bad day.
***Once you have the chips installed, tug gently on either end.  They
should not move, AT ALL.  If they pull up, you didn't get them in right.

Next option, which is rare, bad RAM.  I personally have never had a
"shorted" motherboard beep.

Good luck!  (Hope I helped)

Kim Hillyer