From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:49:57 -0800
On 12 Feb 98 at 6:56, moujab zeidan wrote:

> does any body know where i can find a standard svga driver for  a
> graphic card with 512k  memory that can be installed  win 95 to
> support 256 color. the present one does not support more tnan 16
> colors.

  SVGA isn't really a standard.  There is a body, VESA, which has
agreed on a number of standards for SVGA cards, but generally
manufacturers will give you a driver with their name on it, or
Windows 95 will include one for boards using a popular main chip.
  If you can read off the maker and model from the "Video BIOS"
screen that appears when you boot, or as reported by MSD, we should
be able to determine if there is a driver for your card available --
some kind soul may even mail it to you if you don't have web access.

  There is a shareware (time-limited evaluation?) product -- I think
it's called "Display Doctor" -- that may help with your card if it's
VESA-compliant, but I think the registration fee is more than a 512K
SVGA card costs.

David G

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]