From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 1998 10:18:15 -0800
On 14 May 98 at 19:03, Patrick C Black wrote:

> I was wondering what would be the best IDE Card for quality and my money,
> that has and extended BIOS feature that enabled LBA mode.
>
> I heard EIDEMAX would be a could choice.  This one has an extended
> BIOS feature, and can support up to 4 HD.  Is there one by EIDEMAX
> that can only support 2 HD, as my desktop can only hold 1 at a time,
> and is cheaper ( the one w/ 4 HDs is$49.95 U.S.).
>
> Any help is welcomed.

  Generally, cards that only provide one channel (for two drives)
only provide IDE -- no EIDE, and no LBA.

  My favourite (VLB, which might not work for you) EIDE/multi-IO card
was the DTC 2278E.  There was a 2278EB which added LBA BIOS; I think
they were about $25 and $40 respectively; I don't know if you can
still find them.

David G