From:
John Hornbuckle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:25:05 -0400
>Western Digital drives are very good.  You can't go wrong with them.  The
>6.4g is around $210 now.  IBM Deskstar drives are also good, but it depends
>on which one you can get a better price on.  Don't get a Bigfoot, Seagate
>IDE, or Fujitsu IDE.  Those are my opinions.  I don't have any opinions on
>Maxtor or Quantum (non-Bigfoot) drives.

   Gotta throw in my two cents here... I've used plenty of Seagate and
Fujitsu drives and haven't had any problems. I'm probably one of the few
computer builders who doesn't really have a hard drive brand
preference--I've had good luck with all of the major brands. Except when
Western Digital had that bad run of Caviars a while back... What a
nightmare...

John Hornbuckle

Phoenix Computer Systems, Inc.
114 West Green Street