From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 16:40:56 -0600
At 09:06 AM 4/27/98 -0500, you wrote:
>*****I seem to recall that a few years back there were keyboards
>available with
>an IBM Thinkpad-style pointing stick sitting between the H and J keys and
>the buttons right below the space bar. This would be ideal as it would
>require zero shoulder joint movement at all to use.  Does anyone know if
>these things are still available and where one can get hold of them?
>Anyone got one for sale?*****

  If I remember right, the Trackpoint technology is IBM specific
as they have a patent for it.  You will have to get an IBM keyboard
to get one of these.  I did a quick search on the Internet for these
keyboards and I found one vendor:

http://www.cmpexpress.com
their part number:  386114       price:  $165

Sounds rather pricey to me for a keyboard... *shrug*
If you are like me and do not want to spend that kind of cash for
a keyboard, maybe you should look at Touchpoint pads on keyboards...
the little window on the keyboard you can move your finger on to move
the mouse.  These are a lot more reasonable...

BOB WRIGHT  -   [log in to unmask]  - http://nospin.com
Owner   PCBUILD - PCSOFT - VPLANETS - PCBLDFAQ