Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 21:36:15 -0700
Dan Chapman wrote:

> >But I don't even know if the built-in speaker is working?  In
>
> I'm not sure what built-in speaker you're talking about (I'm assuming that
> since your PC has a built-in audio card, it also has speakers built into
the
> case?), but you can be sure the speakers are working since you have CD
> audio.

Well, that is half right.  The built-in speaker I was talking about is
the single "cabinet" speaker that PC's have had ever since Apple and
Atari had word processor software that could "Ding{buzz}" when you
approached the end of a line of type (just like a typewriter).  Only
problem is, with today's fancy software and Win 95, I'm not sure I could
make a small program in DOS to cause that speaker to buzz, like I can on
my home system (a Win3.11).

And just because the "sound card" is built-in, don't think it comes with
speakers.  The speakers are external and removable.

But I do appreciate your last comment.  Yes, I think I have exhausted
everyone's mind cells with this problem.  Time to go back to the seller.

Thank you for your thoughts and the time you took to answer.  Appreciate
the assistance.

Jean Bourvic