Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 10:15:04 EDT
Wow, everyone here has been such a help.
Thank you all for your time and thought.

And now for my next newbie question.

i have a 486 that was pieced together from spare parts lying around.  it
was given to me with no documentation.  running win3.1, and blah blah old
stuff.
It initially had 4 meg of memory, then another 4 meg was added.  The
chips are different looking, one is staggered one is not.  I still am
unsure how to tell if it is parity or non.  i wish to add more, possibly
16 meg, but how do i tell?  so far, since it's a 486 i'm assuming parity
because of the age.  but looking on the chips themselves i see that it is
72 pin, and on one of them there are 16 (chips) and the other 12.   I had
thought that parity would have an odd number of chips on the memory
module, so now that makes these non-parity, my bios has a selection for
parity error checking, though it is disabled....so what do you all think?

installation will be fine and easy (so he says) and everything else fine
just how do i tell???

Thank you in advance....very much
David A. Abbe
        or

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]