From:
Chuck Bearden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 20:02:53 -0500
On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Ron Taylor wrote:

> >I'm looking for a good Pentium/Pentium MMX motherboard. It needs to be a
> >Baby AT or 3/4 Baby AT form factor with Intel 430TX chipset.
>
> Art
> I just purchased 2 QDI Titanium IB 430TX mother boards for $85 to try out.
> I normally use the ASUS TXP4 $101.  I am impressed with the QDI very nice
> board, completely jumperless, automatic configuration when you apply power
> to the processor, but you can change the settings.  I also use the FIC
> PA-2007 $90 but don't have enough info on it yet.
> Ron

I recently built my first computer with the FIC PA-2007 and am very
pleased.  It uses the VIA VP-2 chipset, however, and not the TX, and
has 1MB onboard cache.   I think FIC makes a PX-2007 that uses the TX
chipset, but if I'm thinking of the right board, it has only 512K
onboard cache.

Chuck Bearden
Network Services Librarian
Houston Public Library