From:
Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 22:34:25 -0400
D A V wrote:

> Oh Great Guru's:
> I looked up A+ Certification awhile ago when I had a chance to play on
> the web.
> wow are there lots of references and stuff.  I would like to check more
> into this but how do I know which  training course to select???

> David A. Abbe

David,

I've taken 2 courses from a company called Total Seminars. One was Advanced
PC Techniques and the other was Basic Networking, and they were both great.
Almost all hands on training. The instructors were very knowledgeable...there
wasn't a question they couldn't answer. They have classes all around the
country. Here's their website: http://www.compassnet.com/total/
If you take one of their courses, you'll definitely learn a lot about
computers. I felt very confident about taking the A+ exams after taking their
courses, and I passed with no problem. I recommend them highly.

I've also taken a home course in PC Repair from ICS. You know, the one that
Sally Struthers plugs on the tv commercial. I wouldn't waste your money on
that. It was very general and started out with boring crap like who is
considered the father of computers. Who cares? That isn't going to help me
troubleshoot a computer. And this course was $500 more than Total Seminars!
Luckily the company I was working for at the time paid for the course...I
would've been mad if I had paid for junk like that out of my own pocket.

Anyway, these are the ones I've had experience with.

Hope this helps,

Denny