From:
Larry Atlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 13:37:21 -0500
> John Rinehart wrote:
> >
> > I have a CTX VL500 monitor and a ATI Rage video card.  I am running Windows
> > 95b.  The problem is that the monitors refresh rate is set at 60HZ [default].
> > In the DEVICE MANAGER list the Monitor is listed as UNKNOWN type.  When I went
> > to change the monitor type it is not listed under the CTX types recognized by
> > Windows 95.
> >
> > I imagine that the tab under control panel that allows me to reset the refresh
> > rate is not showing up because the monitor is an UNKNOWN type.
. . .
Your problem can probably be solved by installing the proper .INF file
for your monitor.  There may be other utilities or data as well.  If you
have internet access, try the CTX web site
(http://www.ctxintl.com/techsup.htm) to see if they have an .INF file or
other support files available.  If not, let me know and I'll help out.
--
Larry Atlow                          Internet:[log in to unmask]
Microcomputer Analyst                Phonenet: (601) 264-9639