From:
"Dale T. Bryant" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 10:00:52 -0400
I find the 3Com/USR site to be confusing at best.  First, they don't tell
you what the updates you're getting are.  I just installed a new 56K
Faxmodem Model No. 5687. This model is not listed on the site.  I got an
upgrade using the upgrade wizard, but how do you tell what the upgrade is?
I have no idea if I'm at V.90 now or if it isn't available for this model
yet.  I'm fairly certain that my model isn't a Winmodem and since the box
doesn't say Sportster or Courier (or anything) I have no idea exactly what I
have.  To top everything off, U.S. Robotics has gone the way of many other
vendors who have decided not to supply free 1-800 number tech support.  Does
anyone have any knowledge of this particular model?  TIA

Dale Bryant