From:
Michael Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 15:58:10 +0800
On Fri, 10 Apr 1998 23:13:31 -0500, Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>1.  What settings should I set the Com Port to?  They are presently set
>to 115200 bits per second, 8 data bits, Parity none, stop bits 1, and
>Flow Control is set to hardware.  These are the same settings I have set
>up on my modem properties.  Biggest question conerrns the flow control I
>guess.  It was set at software on the port initially and I changed it.
>What does it mean/do?

Just change the bps option to 115200 is okay, the others are depending
on your ISP. In most of cases, 8N1 with flow control to HW is correct.
In general, if you don't encounter any problem, leave others settings as
default.

>2. USR has an upgrade to v90 available for my modem on their site.  My
>ISP has not yet upgraded from x2.  If I upgrade will I lose the ability
>to connect on X2 protocol, or wont that matter?

You don't have to upgrade to V.90 so soon until your ISP shift to V.90.
Some V.90 users encounter disconnection problem while they are using
v.90 but their ISP still using the earlier version X2 codes.

 Michael