From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 23:13:31 -0500
I recently purchased a Used  US Robotics  External Voice Fax Modem with
x2.  I have a couple questions I'm looking for help with:
1.  What settings should I set the Com Port to?  They are presently set
to 115200 bits per second, 8 data bits, Parity none, stop bits 1, and
Flow Control is set to hardware.  These are the same settings I have set
up on my modem properties.  Biggest question conerrns the flow control I
guess.  It was set at software on the port initially and I changed it.
What does it mean/do?

2. USR has an upgrade to v90 available for my modem on their site.  My
ISP has not yet upgraded from x2.  If I upgrade will I lose the ability
to connect on X2 protocol, or wont that matter?

Thanks in Advance for any help.