From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 13:25:56 -0500
Ed Richardson wrote:

> Ladies and Gentlemen of the list:
> I have followed PCBuild for sometime and thought that with the help of the
> many knowledgeable people reading the list I would attempt building my own
> computer. This is my first post of many I'm sure. I have purchased an MTI
> Mustang R548 mainboard, 32 meg of EDO memory, a 200mhz mx Cyrix processor
> and an AWE Graphics Blaster video card. According to the info I have I
> should hook up the power supply to the mainboard, install the memory and
> video card and connect the monitor, which I have done. I checked the jumper
> settings and powered it up but did not get any display on the monitor as I
> expected.

Have you checked the CMOS to make sure it is set up correctly?

Unfortunately when you purchase every single piece as individual
pieces, it does make it more difficult to find the offending part.

Experience has taught me to buy the MoBo, CPU and RAM as a unit.
That way if there is a problem, there is no finger pointing.

--
Jim Meagher

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]