From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:37:16 -0800
On  2 Apr 98 at 16:41, Ron Taylor wrote:

> I am building a 60mhz Pentium from spare parts for my son.  Every
> time I start windows I get a message that I have selected the wrong
> video adapter. I have installed a Diamond Viper VLB.  I have dl'd
> the 2.24 drivers from the web and installed them but I still get
> the error when I start windows.

  I probably shouldn't ask where you found a Pentium motherboard with
VLB slots.  It's certainly not a common combination.

  In the days when I was using a Viper VLB, one of the problems that
Diamond had not yet solved was how to install their drivers before
starting Windows.  I learned -- after a great deal of wasted time --
to specify vanilla VGA to get Windows up and running, and only switch
to the Viper drivers once Windows was up.

David G