From:
Casey Marion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 21:37:41 -0500
The motherboard is an interseting component these days.  Seems like it
is just as important as a CPU or RAM.  I bought a TXProII w./ the
onboard vid and sound.  I'd heard the vid was crap and the sound is only
16 bit, but I don't make movies w/ my PC so I didmn't care.  My biggest
issue was the space for expandables.  This board is GREAT, because I set
my sys up and have eight slots available.  Modem, eth card, SCSI, TV,
whatever! There is room for anything I can afford.
Anyway, if you don't mind a 16 bit sound card and can deal w/ a 64 bit
graphics adapter that uses from 1-4 MB of your RAM (you decide), the
TXPro II is great.Plus, it accepts up to a 75mhz bus speed, if you want
to O/C a bit.  Wish it had 83mhz, but 75 works for me.

Good Luck,
Casey Marion