CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Frank Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 18:29:42 -0800
My message was not directed at any particular person. It was addressed to
those who read backwards. Had I meant it to refer specifically to one
person, I would have said-specifically-that the person in question was one
who read backwards.

Please be careful about logic, debate or willingness to consider topics, if
not willing to consider issues as something more than personal. That's part
of the problem.

By the way, there was a pop campaign back in the days of the Beatles, that
insisted playing a certain record backwards would reveal that Paul was
dead...and there are still segments of the popuation who play records
backwards to get messages from or about satan. Nothing new here, except that
some academic hustler may have found a way to get published by formalizing
this thesis, or creating a wonderful joke.

Smile. Lighten up. And get serious.

frank scott