BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

BP - Telepathic chickens leave no traces.
Date:
Sat, 2 May 1998 12:29:23 EDT
Here's a request for information from the NJ_History listserv.  Perhaps
someone out there might be able to help this person. It may be that there are
examples out there, even though not in NJ, that may be helpful to develop the
context or the history of the building type.

Mary Krugman
___________________________________
Subj:    1950s supermarkets
Date:   5/2/98 8:22:47 AM EST
From:   [log in to unmask] (m bzdak)
Sender: [log in to unmask]
To:     [log in to unmask]

I am currently completing a project to document an Acme Supermarket in
Lambertville, NJ, built in 1951.  To place this building in an historic
context, I am interested in knowing of other late 1940s or 1950s supermarket
buildings in NJ that are still in use (as markets or reused) - Acme
supermarkets in particular but others are ok too.
(The building in Lambertville had white, porcelain panels and a corner tower
featuring the letters ACME spelled out in neon.  Acme buildings from this
period that have been adaptively reused may still retain some of these
distinctive features.)
Thanks for your help!