BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Piotr Bein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 15:38:43 PST
Thanks, Deb.
The building is in Poland. The existing exterior must be re-clad in stone, so the insulation will be between the stone and the existing surface. Heat gain will be lost. Windows are not terribly big. Does it give a better picture?
I thought insulation  poured  into the cavity (vermiculate or styrofoam chips) will do the job. No vapour barrier. Condensation (and any rainwater leaks thru the wall) would be dripping down on the inside face of the stone cladding and would drain out at the bottom of the wall. Ventilation would be provided at the top of the cavity under the roof overhang.
 I'll chat with you in a week or so, leaving for Poland in 1/2 hour.

Peter