Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 17:28:26 -0700
7bit
From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Jim;

 I got some alkaline Rayovac 844s, They are suppose to replace
 all CMos batteries from 3.6-7.0 volts. According to Rayovac
 the Cmos voltage must not be that crucial.
 See lots more information than you ever wanted to know
 about CMos batteries at:

 http://www.resource800.com/ho18001.html

Jim Meagher wrote:

> Larry Fisk wrote:
> >
> > In a pinch can one use 2 AA batteries (alkaline or lithium)
> >  for a 3.6 volt CMOS backup battery?
>
> Larry,
>
> A double A battery of any type material (NiCad, Alkaline, Lithium, etc.) is
 only 1.5 volts, max.  Two would not be enough and three might

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]