Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Joseph H. Bishop" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 14:11:46 -0500
David Gillett wrote:

> On 18 Feb 98 at 23:40, Ayaz Shaikhzadeh wrote:
>
> > I am about to buy a new motherboard and processor for my system. I am
> > looking at going to 200Mhz MMX Intel Processor..
> >
> > Which Motherboard is best for this processor. Any pitfalls that I should be
> > aware of?
>
> Hi

I am current ultilizing a VX Pro  Matsonic motherboard with 512kb onboard cache.I
have a Pentium 200MMX cpu  running a buss speed of 75mhz which clocks out the
chip  at  225mhz without overheating at all will proper cooling fan and heatsink
this board has four pci and three isa slots and supports udma  and usb connector
installed
it has four slots for 72pin  EDO ram  and two DIMM slots for SDRAM ram for a
total
of 384mb of onboard ram possible
I have had absolutely no problems with this board  it functions perfectly for
me....I have pci video  with ramdac at 667mhz and 6mb video ram and a 32bit pci
sound card  also
a 4.3gb Quantum hard drive and a  2.0gb SCSI hard drive and a 24x cdrom .
the cost of this board is reasonable...  I purchased it on the auction channel
new for
55.00 plus shipping of 10.00
it utilizes  AWARD BIOS with plug and play onboard .
The biggest limitation to this board is that it does not support the PII chips
233mmx is the fastest cpu that it supports.
Hope this will assist you  in your search for a motherboard

Joe Bishop