Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 17:08:30 -0500
> On  7 May 98 at 18:55, Patrick C Black wrote:
>
> > Now for my next question.  Is it true that there is software that
> > will enable use of LBA without having it LBA support in the BIOS. As
> > my Bios will not support LBA (Phoenix Bios 1.10)
>
>   There are software utilities that address the same problem, but
> they don't really "do LBA", and Win95 may regard the drive as stuck
> in "real mode" if software is used for this.

You can order a 'flash' upgrade for your bios that will support LBA from
the Phoenix Bios website.  I upgraded mine and it has worked great ever
since and I'm now running a Western Digital 5.1 gig hard drive under Win
95.  If you would like the URL for the Phoenix site, email me privately
and I'll get it to you.  Cost was $79 and well worth it.

Loy