Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"C.M.Hutton" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 11:47:27 GMT+1
On 30 Apr 98, Richard Quilhot, C.N.A. wrote:

>   Shorting the post on the mother board will remove all
>   bios information along with any passwords.
>
>   Richard Quilhot

Personally my first suggestion is always to chop the hands
off of all students so that they cannot do any damage to
the systems.

Failing that the only other thing that I can think of is to
re-engineer the BIOS PROMS, removing the standard backdoor
and substituting your own. This will only be sensible if
you are really desperate to stop the students.

Most likely you will decide to just put up with the problem,
like the rest of us do.

There are packages in the SIMTEL collection that will save
and restore the contents of the CMOS RAM. Assuming the you
can maintain a common system in each LAB/AREA you end up
with one disk per LAB and a simple batch file to restore
your previously saved CMOS DATA.

                        Chris
from
Christopher M. Hutton        Electronics Technician

Aston Business School        [log in to unmask]
Service Unit
Aston University  UK         +44 (0)121 359 3611 Ex 4733