Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 08:07:35 +0000
        Hi.
        It can work. I've connected a parallel Zip and a parallel port
IDE adapter without more problems than placing the Zip DOS driver
before the IDE driver in config.
        There are no esential electrical problems. What has to happen
is that commands sent to the second device don't confuse the first device.
As this commands at times are a secret, it may or may not work.
        However, inserting a dongle is a different thing, since it is
supplied from signals.

> Hi All:
>
> Has anyone ever successfully used two "pass through" devices on one parallel
> port without a switch--in other words through one and then through the
> second and then to the printer (eg-Lpt1 to a parallel Zip Drive to a
> parallel scanner, and then to the printer).  Is it even possible?  Any
> thoughts greatly appreciated--I have a client with a  machine where the
> addition of another printer port and a switch is not an option.
>
> TIA
>
> Jeff Mayem

Javier Vizcaino. Ability Electronics. [log in to unmask]
  Starting point:        (-1)^(-1) = -1
  Applying logarithms: (-1)*ln(-1) = ln(-1)
  Since ln(-1) <> 0, dividing:  -1 = 1     (ln(-1) is complex, but exists)