Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 14:06:05 -0400
7bit
From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>

That's a long and involved way but it will work.  An easier method is to
just
move the jumper to the EXTERNAL BATTERY position for several minutes.
Also many MoBo's now have a special jumper to erase the CMOS.

With that said, here are a couple of problems...
#1 it erases EVERYTHING in CMOS not just the password.
#2 it won't help with the original problem stated in this thread.
   Namely, students are using the backdoor password to
   circumvent the administrator's password.  Since the backdoor
   password is permanently installed in the ROM, erasing CMOS will
   only remove the administrator's password.