Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:03:18 -0600
At 03:22 AM 3/25/98 +0800, Hial Noobt wrote:

>Greetings,
>We bundled third party 300watt ( written on the box) computer speakers to
>our customers.
>One of our curious customers had already opened up the casing of the
>speakers and notice the wording "4ohm 30-50W" printed on the back of the
>gold colored cover of the speaker.
>What's the meaning of the wording?
>
>Is there any way to check whether the speakers are producing sound at 300w?

Wattage is not how loud a receiver or amplifier plays.  Wattage
output really gives you an indication of how well a receiver will
"control" or drive a speaker.  Speakers do not have watts.  They
have a wattage rating for their power handling capabilities.  Now
there are many variations but typically you do not have to concern
yourself with the ratings on today's speakers.  Speakers today
are getting more and more alike...  the ratings are difficult to
verify if at all possible.

The bottom line here is that the 300watt rating is about how much
the speaker can receive and you have to either accept the rating
provided by the manufacturer or not.   I cannot tell the difference
between 300watt & 60watt speakers on a computer...

Personally, I would be more concerned that the customer is prying
open the components and that he has violated the warranty on the
speakers.

BOB WRIGHT  -   [log in to unmask]  - http://nospin.com
Owner   PCBUILD - PCSOFT - VPLANETS - PCBLDFAQ