Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 13:25:50 -0700
7bit
From:
Al Anger <[log in to unmask]>
In our last episode
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>   You should be able to test your own system for this sort of thing
> by adjusting the system date and time.  Remember to put them back
> when you're done.
>
> David G

Anyone using Win 98 Beta3 should not test for Y2K compliance. It will
expire your beta version.

Should you find yourself with a W98 system that won't boot; the fix is to
boot with an old boot disk, not the W98 rescue disk. If you boot with the
W98 rescue disk, it will be disabled also.

Boot with any 6.22/Win95 boot disk containing sys.com, set the S, R,
attributes in C:\ to off.

attrib c: -s -r

Then sys the C: drive with the W98 rescue disk to restore command.com
and io.sys.

Note: The default W98 rescue disk does not contain sys.com, so copy it
>from C:\windows\command to your rescue disk   _now_ ,  as in today.  :)

Al

For better or worse, I wrote my life story;
some blame is mine, and so too, some glory.