Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 11:28:06 -0400
Hi:

Has anyone ever used the Asus MediaBus Adaptec
7880UW SCSI w/ViBRA 16C Sound Card (called
the PCI-AS300 for MediaBus rev. 2.0)?  Or know
anything more than what the literature states?

It's an unique board that fits into a special slot in an
Asus Motherboard (like my P55T2P4 rev3). Little longer
than a normal sound card but has an Adaptec 7880
UltraWide SCSI chipset on it.

The local distributor has red tagged them and it's
cheaper than the least expensive Adaptec controller
card. Of course, it only works with the Asus MediaBus
extended PCI slot. My thinking is it has to be at least
as good as my older Future Domain ISA SCSI card
and separate Vibra sound card, and I'd save two ISA
slots.

I only use the SCSI card for external devices: CDROM
drive, Zip, scanner. I might add a SCSI hard drive with
the Asus card.  Is it worth the hassle to reconfigure
everything?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John Chin